Sunday, July 21, 2019

CTC #238 - All About the Greens ...

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the colours in the Garden Lane DSP, which is a lot of greens!  When I first saw this challenge I had a bit of a cringe because I don't use a lot of the greens we have regularly, so this was a challenge.

Here are those gorgeous greens!

This is my first card which I made using the Magnolia Lane Note Cards and Envelopes. Do you recognise the "DSP"? It is cut from the piece of decorative paper that is usually used for lining the envelopes! I thought it was just too pretty not to include here. To get a few more of the challenge colours into my card I coloured the background DSP with Soft Sea Foam and Pear Pizzazz, which I think gives it a pretty look. My card does have a sneaky bit of Old Olive in the Reversable Ribbon, but it was too pretty not to include.  I love this sentiment and frame from the Stitched All Around bundle, it makes creating a special card so easy.

I was on a bit of a roll with the concept for this card so made a second one with just a touch more colour. I love how easy these Note Cards and Envelopes make it to create beautiful projects without a lot of fuss.

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just the pretty greens in the Garden Lane DSP to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely Judy has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

7 comments:

  1. Colouring the envelope liner is just gorgeous! It really does make it look pretty! You've done so well for a non greenie! I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you on a roll again! great idea to use the card inserts, and I love the sentiment on that panel. - see greens aren't so bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours look great on these notecards. Great use of tying it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards Monique, how clever to use the envelope lining and colour them too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quick and easy but a gorgeous end result - my kinda cards! These are both really lovely, Monique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! So pretty! I'm a big fan of chopping envelopes to use as DSP too - they are too nice to be an envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea to use the envelope liner!! Looks fab!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.