Tuesday, October 5, 2010

ESAD - Secret Sister

Since joining ESAD - Extra Special Australasian Demonstrators - I have met some lovely people and been exposed to some great inspiration.  One of the lovely things that is organised is a Secret Sister, which is run over 3 months.  For each of the first two months you send off 2 cards and a small gift, and for the final month 2 cards and a larger gift.  Because its done in a circle, with each participant sending off to one person you also receive these things too. And while you do know who you are sending too, the secret part is that you don't know who is sending you things until the very end.  I am really enjoying this as its the first Secret Sister I have been involved in, and I thought it about time I linked some of the things my SS has sent me so far.
This is a lovely card made with the Sense of Time and Artistic Etchings stamp sets and the new DSP Newsprint.  I liked the way the images were double stamped in two colours to give a blurred effect, and the antique feel to the card.

This is the second card my SS sent me, I had written in my list of likes the Baroque Motifs set and my SS chose to use it on this card for me.  I like the softness of this, I usually use bolder colours so its nice to receive work from someone else that's different.  There is a simple elegance to Baroque Motifs that is really lovely.
 This lovely little gift came in the mail for me at the end of August and included the corner bookmark on the left, using the Vintage Vogue friends stamp, and the slider box on the right.  I love the little embellishment on the slider box, and the tiny tag and clip.  Inside was a coffee bag and a chocolate two things I love.
This beautiful card was the first one I received in September and I love love love the simplicity of it.  I love the use of a splash of colour with the new Cherry Cobbler (this was my first look in person at this great new colour), I love the use of ribbon, and also love that my SS used the new Platinum Shimmer Paint to stamp the 3 Cute By The Inch images.  While I love all my SS cards so far this is probably my favourite!

 This next one I took two pictures of as the inside was as impressive as the outside.  Again my SS has used Artistic Etchings stamp set and the Newsprint DSP, but in this one has done some tricky punching and folding to create a little window that looks through onto a stamped image behind. I love the effect of this and will be trying my own version out very soon I think.

So those are my SS cards and gift so far.  I will post the rest at the end of October and will then be able to reveal who my talented SS is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.