Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Stamping 411 - Saturday Sketch Challenge #171

In the spirit of challenging myself, and having done a "hard" challenge, I decided to do a sketch challenge from Stampin 411 which was a little easier as I could choose my own colour scheme. This is the sketch we had to go off ...


For my colours I chose to go with Very Vanilla and a new favourite Cherry Cobbler. Stamp set was Punch Potpourri which I absolutely love as it goes perfectly with a number of Stampin' Up! punches so you don't have to cut things out.  You can earn this stamp set really easily by hosting a workshop so contact me if you are interested in learning how.  I used the flowers stamp and lined them up with my Stamp-a-ma-jig on the three panels.


I have such a long wish list from the new Idea Book and Catalogue and still haven't bought myself any of the lovely brads, so with necessity as the mother of invention (as my own mother used to always tell me) I punched out some Cherry Cobbler with a small punch 1/8" I think, then used some Crystal Effects mixed with Dazzling Diamonds to make my own brads!


I wanted to finish off with something instead of the bow, so used the heart stamp from the same stamp set and sponged the edges in Cherry Cobbler, and finished of the card with a layered strip of Cherry Cobbler and Very Vanilla with the sentiment from the Occasional Quotes stamp set. 


I really enjoyed making this card for the challenge, and am planning on doing more challenges in the future.

6 comments:

  1. I love that you used this set to basically create your own dsp!! Great color combo too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kerin - I do like making my own dsp as it means I can get it to match any colour combo I am using! And I just love Cherry Cobbler, it even sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't Cherry Cobbler the best? Your card is so striking with the two colors!!! Thanks for sharing your card with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Cherry Cobbler! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so Gorgeous! I really like your homemade DSP! And you should use up what you have before you buy more.... said the pot to the kettle! I totally understand wanting everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Great use of this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.