Saturday, July 23, 2011

Challenge Time ...

Well I am back home from a lovely visit to my family in Central Queensland, sooooo much warmer up there than here, will be warmer still when we go up in January for my brother's wedding!!!!!  No stamping or creating for 2 weeks meant I came home and had itchy fingers so got straight into creating. 











Now you know by now I love The Friday Mashup Challenges, and this week is no exception, but I didn't do the full mashup.  The theme this week was a colour challenge and a birthday challenge, I just couldn't get my head around the colours for the birthday card I wanted to use so also headed over to The Colour Throwdown which was to use a rainbow of colours.  I also took inspiration from Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge and came up with this little card.

Not my 'usual' style but I was in an experimental mood!  I liked the layout and as soon as I saw it I thought of the Party Hearty stamp "celebrate you" which I stamped in Pacific Point, cut out with the scallop circle punch and layered on another scallop circle cut from Pumpkin Pie. The centre I also layered with Daffodil Delight and a little present stamp from the same set, which I added some bling with Dazzling Diamonds.

Using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig I split the row of cakes from Birthday Bakery Hostess set so they would fit into the layout better.  I used some of the Pacific Point DSP from the Brights Patterns Stack to add some extra colour and then spent some time deciding on what to do for the background.  I was so happy when the idea to use News Print DSP came to me, I had overlooked it initially as black and vanilla DSP doesn't really lift a rainbow themed card!!!  But then it struck me that I could sponge colour over the DSP to give it the boost I needed - what do you think?  I was really happy, randomly sponging on Pacific Point, Real Red, and Daffodil Delight. 

Don't forget to pop over to the Challenge Blogs to see what their design teams have come up with as well as the participants in each challenge. 

Happy Stamping

9 comments:

  1. Funny to hear you talk about "warmer" climates... it has been 95 degrees and hotter for a week her in Illinois!!

    Fun card! Love that bunch of cakes!! Thanks for playing with the Friday Mashup again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mon, I agree not your usual style at all. It seems to work though. Very pretty cupcakes and your bow is just perfect. Good Luck. Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job combining the challenges - such a bright, unique card! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card. Keep that experimental mood going. It's working for ya. Thanks for playing along with the friday mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cupcakes and I wish I could get my bows as nice looking as that one!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That 'experimental mood' paid off! Love the card!

    Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monique's back in the house!!!! Sounds like you had a good visit. This card came out great, I love how you used all the challenges. That background paper really makes it pop! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Mon, stop by my blog to pick up an award that I'd like to give you.

    Kasey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific party card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.