Friday, August 19, 2011

Creative Colour Sketch

I was looking around at my favourite challenge blogs, as I often do on a Friday, and found two that I thought would go well together.  Colour Q colour challenge and Stampin' Royalty sketch challenge. 


I have to say I loved the look of the colour combo but struggled a bit with putting it together myself, but decided to stick at it and I am very pleased I did.  I have to say that the sketch really helped me keep focus, I initially had the Soft Suede as the base card, but with using wrapped bakers twine I needed to add a layer, I think the Island Indigo as the base gives the card a lift, and ties the colours together.  I am LOVING the new In-Colours, I have only used two of the five on this card and can't wait to share the other three with you. 

Happy Stamping

4 comments:

  1. Hey Mon, I just entered the same sketch challenge! I do like your card better than the one I did though....only cause I want that stamp set! This is just gorgeous. even if it does use Lucky Limeade...ewww. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Monique! I like what you did with your colors. and yes, the in-colors are so wonderful. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the sketch challenge! I love that stamp set and you did a great job with it. Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge at Stampin' Royalty this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can see some new goodies there! You lucky girl! what a gorgeous card! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.