Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Popping 18th

My daughter had a birthday celebration this weekend and of course looked to me to create a card for the birthday girl.  We had a discussion about a gift and she decided a gift certificate from one of the local cinemas was a good option.


 I had remembered seeing a card much like this one on the internet somewhere so decided to create one of my own.  To make this I cut a rectangle 9.5cm x 12cm.  Along the bottom I made a mark 1cm from each side and cut from there to the top corner.

I ran a piece of whisper white cardstock through the Fancy Fan embossing folder then used the 7/8" scallop circle punch to make each piece of 'popcorn'.  A little sponging with Daffodil Delight completed the look.  I adhered 7 of these to the top of the 'carton'.


The card is a pocket that holds a gift card (here my Costco card used for measurement purposes lol), I adhered 6 more pop corn pieces on top of this.  I left the bottom half of each piece unstuck so that it would overlap the main card.  I adhered a piece of Whisper White to the back for my daughter to write on, this also hides the tails of the ribbon wrapped around the middle. I used Memorable Moments for the 18, and adhered this to a white embossed image from Sketched Birthday.

Happy Stamping

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.