It was pointed out to me recently that I haven't posted here since the end of August! Boy how time flies. I do have a couple of reasons, life gets really busy this time of year for me ...
- On 31st August we celebrated our 22nd Wedding anniversary.
- 1st September was Father's day on 1st September.
- 12th September our beautiful daughter turned 18, and we had a wonderful visit from my mother to help her celebrate.
- 21st my husband Gavin celebrated his birthday!
- We finished the month off last weekend with a (relatively) quiet 18th sleepover celebration for 10 of my daughter's friends - I think they got to sleep at about 6am!
I do have a couple of projects to share with you from over this time but firstly I want to share two cards that I made for a friend earlier in the year, someone close to her had passed away and she wanted to send some cards a little while after to members of the family to let them know they were still in her thoughts (isn't that an thoughtful idea!).
I wanted to make cards that had the feel of sympathy without actually being sympathy if you know what I mean. I am pretty sure I CASEd this from someone but I can't give credit as it was some time ago! I just love the softness of the ribbon and butterflies, I used the Petite Pairs with the second part of the sentiment stamped on the inside of the card.
This second one I wanted to do with a more mature feel to it, it reminds me of a picture on an old fashioned wall with embossing and wallpaper! I was happy with both of these, as was my friend.
I promise to post more regularly from now on, at least until life gets crazy busy again :)