Sunday, December 29, 2013

One thing leads to another.

Again with a little bit of free time on my hands I went in search of a challenge to inspire me.  Mojo Monday have an interesting one this week so I decided to join in.

I had thought about using the flower from Everything Eleanor for the feature shape but it just wasn't quite right so I decided to use the journaling badge and added the sentiment from Chalk Talk. I wanted to use Midnight Muse and went in search of a complementary colour, was directed toward Summer Starfruit and this is the result.

I wasn't really taken with the end result, so decided to try again with a different colour combo, this time matching Midnight Muse with Soft Suede.  I had initially thought Crumb Cake but it was a little washed out. I also chose to cut out the journalling badge with the scallop circle punch rather than fussy cutting it, and added a bow to the top ribbon. I am much happier with this one.

It always amazes me how changing up the colour scheme can make such a difference to the way a card looks!

Happy Stamping

1 comment:

  1. These are both gorgeous Monique! I like the Summer Starfruit one the best....I think it looks great with Midnight Muse!...but the second one has a lovely softness that also appeals. :)
    Happy New Year to you! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.