Monday, September 21, 2015

Inlaid Watercolor Wings

What a fun mash up they have this week at Friday Mashup challenge: use the sketch above and/or a technique called inlaid die cutting.  Now I have never tried this before but had a little bit of time on my hands and decided to give it a go.

I have been having some fun with Watercolor Wings and could see this technique working well, it was a bit tricky with the little pieces but I think totally worth the effort.  I used Delightful Dijon and Blackberry Bliss getting the different shades by stamping off and layering colour on colour.  The faux stitching was a last minute addition, but I think it just gives a nice finish.

Happy Stamping
Monique

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love this set. The faux stitching adds a lovely detail as well :) Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job of mashing both challenges up! I love your take on the sketch and the pretty inlaid butterflies. Thanks for playing along at Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.