Sunday, August 7, 2016

CTC #90 - Project Life and Kits

Welcome to another CASEing the Catty blog hop.  Quick post from me today as I am a bit late in writing it.  This week we are taking inspiration from the Kits and Project Life sections of the catalogue.

I made two projects this week, the first was inspired by the lovely Tin of Cards. I chose the Moroccan Suite inspired card in the top right hand of the picture above.

I really loved these cards and have wanted to see how I would go copying them.  I think it turned out pretty well, don't you?

My second project was CASEd from the Perfectly Wrapped Project Kit, which I am running a class on in early September.

I was delighted to see these cute little acetate boxes in the annual catalogue.  I have dressed this one up in one of my favourite colours Bermuda Bay.  The silver doily is adhered to the top of the box, and the ribbon slides off to allow easy entry into the box.  I can't wait to fill it with something yummy and give it to someone as a special treat.

If you want to join in this month please link your project up to the main blog.

Time to hop on over to Fiona's blog to see her lovely creation. Fiona is a guest designer this week, great to have her on board. 


Happy Stamping
Monique

7 comments:

  1. Both your projects look great Monique - I'm sure your ladies will love the clear acetate boxes - love the silver doily detail on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card & box Monique. I hadn't noticed those boxes til just recently - but have some on the way. So excited to play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The paper bows on the boxes are the finishing touch, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The moroccan card looks fantastic Monique, as does the sweet little Bermuda Bay gift box! How did you achieve the pretty gold edge around the sentiment on your card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the new layering circle framelits Krissy - Love the subtle little edge. The sentiment is popped up on dimensionals too.

      Delete
  5. Both your projects are lovely!! I do love the scallops on the circle, especially being gold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card looks exactly like the project kit!! I think it's marvellous the way this kit highlights some of our beautiful DSP designs!! And Bermuda Bay is one of my favourites too - love your little box!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.