Sunday, January 29, 2017

CTC #113 - Sale-A-Bration

Welcome to another CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, this week we are taking our inspiration from pages 4 - 7 of the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue.

I was drawn to the card in the above image from page 5 of the catalogue, not only in the layout but also in the DSP stack and natural feel to the card.

I haven't had a good play yet with my new Dragonfly Dreams stamp set, and this was the perfect opportunity.  I was a bit worried with the wings overhanging the edge of the card, and was going to trim them off, but once finished I decided to leave them as they are. The sentiment is from Oh So Succulent which was out on my table and was just the right size for this card. I hadn't realised that the set had a Mother's Day sentiment so that was a nice find!

I had such fun using the Watercolor Pencils on the dragonfly wings, I was trying to capture the range of colours you see as they flash in the sun. To add some extra luminescence I finished off the wings with a touch of Clear Wink of Stella, but haven't tried to capture it in the photo because it never does it justice. 

I hope I have helped to inspire you to join in this week, just follow the link above to add a picture of your project to the album.

Time to hop on over to see what Elizabeth has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

8 comments:

  1. Your dragonfly looks perfect on that green DSP. I love how it goes over the edge of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Your card is gorgeous. I like if better than the catalogue one! That paper is so great and the dragonfly just looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Combination of serene scenery DSP pieces is great, and My Dragonfly is coloured in beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snap!! Love this layout. Your use of DSP is so striking here, think I'm going to have to CASE you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful card Monique! I love that the dragonfly hangs over the edge of the card - it creates great balance! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I Love how you have coloured that dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.