Sunday, September 10, 2017

CTC #145 - Beachy Little Christmas

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Challenge, where we take a look at different sections of the current Stampin' Up! catalogues, and take inspiration from the great projects within that section.

This week we are looking at the Merry Little Christmas section of the Holiday Catalogue, pages 10 -19.  While this is only 9 pages there are soooo many samples from tags, to packaging to cards. 

When I first saw this section of the catty I fell in love, in particular with the Merry Little Christmas mega suite, and knowing that we would CASE this section at some point I was sure I would CASE one of the projects from that suite.  However I was also really quite drawn to the above images from page 18 of the catalogue, particularly the one on the left and top right.  I chose the layout of the card on the left, and the background stamping from the card on the top right.

While I don't own the Beachy Little Christmas stamp set, it is on my wish list, and I was lucky enough to have a play date with my friend Cathy who let me have a play with hers. To link my project with the Merry Little Christmas suite I used one of the sheets of DSP from the coordinating pack to create the two borders.  I usually do a border all the way around but quite like the idea of just strips down each side, it is the perfect way to frame a longer central image like the tree and sentiment on this card.   I used Watercolour Pencils to colour the tree, and love all the little sea creatures used as ornaments, perfect for the summer Christmas we have here in Australia.

There are a couple of cute single stamps in the set, one I used on the background, and another I used on the inside of the card. Isn't this little crab holding the mistletoe cute? Still, not sure I would be giving him a Christmas kiss! He reminds me of one of the little soldier crabs that I used to see running in swarms across the sands in summer. 

I hope we have inspired you to join in by CASEing one of the beautiful projects in the Holiday catalogue, just upload a picture to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over to see what the lovely and talented Kathryn has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

7 comments:

  1. Love it Monique! I'm so excited to have this stamp set on the way. And you're all teasing me while it traverses the Nullarbor! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that little crab inside is just adorable (and I wouldn't kiss him either!). I love your card. Just so perfect for here. Great case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Monique, I like the shell background

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your summery Christmas Tree - let's hope the warm weather kicks in soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome CASE! I love the shell background!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.