Sunday, November 26, 2017

CTC #156 - Give It A Christmas Twist

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, this week we are taking inspiration from any project in either the Annual or Holiday Catalogues and putting a Christmas twist on it!  I am so excited to see what everyone creates this week.

After flicking through the catalogue, and getting a bit distracted, I settled on the card in the above image from the Eastern Palace Suite on page 18 of the Annual Catalogue, although I think there are many projects in this suite that would lend themselves to Christmas, especially with that amazing framelit set.

Using the layout as my inspiration I added a panel of DSP onto the base card, stamping on it with the cute little flower from Carols of Christmas. The main sentiment from Merry Little Labels was cut using a stitched framelit circle.  I sponged a thin strip of the black and white check DSP with Real Red to add some extra depth and colour.  Mini sequin trim and Metalic Enamel Shapes finished the card off with a bit of festive bling.

I hope you are inspired to join us this week, a great opportunity to make another Christmas card to send out to friends or family. Just take your inspiration from any of the projects in the current catalogues and put a festive twist on it, then add a photo of it to the CTC Facebook Page.

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely Judy has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

8 comments:

  1. The background and those strips certainly lead you to the focal point Monique. I hadn't really noticed that card either. Would be a quick Christmas card to put together. lovely colours together too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This design is lovely Monique. Love the stamping on the music sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost chose that card!! Looks great, love your twist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely CASE Monique. I love how you've sponged the black and white check DSP and made it red, very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Monique - love the red contrast with the music paper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome use of the DSP and I love love love the colours!! We had similar ideas for our case this week. Your card is just gorgeous - and colouring the DSP is a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great as a Christmas card Monique x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your use of the DSP - you have great taste!! And the coloured DSP is a fabulous idea. What a fantastic CASE with a twist!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.