Wednesday, December 13, 2017

CI #24 - Tranquil Christmas

Welcome to another Colour INKspiration challenge, where a group of South Pacific Stampin' Up! demonstrators take inspiration from an image by picking out the main colours and using them in our projects.

For this challenge we are taking our inspiration from this cute image of Christmas trees on a mantle. The colours are
  • Tranquil Tide
  • Pool Party
  • Cherry Cobbler
  • Blushing Bride

I had a few thoughts for my card for this challenge, then when sorting through some cards I had made found one where I used Swirly Bird to make some ornaments, and just knew I wanted to try out the colour combo from our challenge to recreate it.  I loved the idea of how the colours paired together so well, with the softer shades used for the ornament base, then adding the swirl in the darker colours.  I added a branch and sentiment from Peace This Christmas set in Tranquil Tide to coordinate with the base layer of the card. A few Rhinestones and Faceted Jewels finished off the card with a bit of bling, and who doesn't like that at Christmas!


I hope the team inspires you to join in the challenge this week, just use the colour combo to inspire your creation then post a picture of your project to the CI Facebook Page. 

Time to hop on over and see what Elizabeth has create this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

7 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea Monique, swirly birds looks great as baubles.....love this! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever is that! I love how you have used this stamp set for Christmas! And you have worked the colour set perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So modern, looks great Monique, that's such a clever use of swirly bird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that the two tones work perfectly together for the two step baubles. Great card. I love the pine bough detail at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swirly bird ornaments, I love it! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant idea to turn those swirls into ornaments. I love the addition of the faceted gems. Thanks for being part of the CI Crew this year and wowing us with your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.