We encourage others to join in. This week we are taking our inspiration from the kits in the Occasions Catalogue, pages 15-17. This section contains my favourite Stampin' Up! Kit of all time, Lots of Happy Card Kit. There are quite a few reasons I love this kit:
- It comes with four water colour pencils (2 exclusive colours to the kit);
- it makes 20 cards, some full size some note size;
- each card has a coordinating envelope with a decorated insert;
- it has a black and white theme, with touches of colour added by colouring the various elements;
- it has five sentiment stamps that I just love, as well two cute little floral images;
- you can buy an refill kit;
- and one of my favourite things about this kit is that I got to make it with my mum and daughter at Christmas (Santa had left it under the tree for us!!!)
One of the cards is this very pretty hexagon card and I used it as my inspiration for my creation this week. You can find it with the other cards from this kit on page 15.
I decided to make a square card instead of the hexagon of the original, but kept that shape on the front of the card using one of the Thinlits from the Window Box Thinlits, to do so I cut it from Sahara Sand and left the Thinlit in place and trimmed around the edge of it to get the hexagon then pressed the shape from it and mounted it over a hexagon of black cardstock.
The DSP is from Petal Passion DSP and is a salute to the striking decoration on the inside of the coordinating envelopes, the rest of the layout I have kept pretty much the same as the original with a banner of gold foil and Lemon Lime Twist ribbon. The flowers are made using the Petal Palette bundle, stamped in Rich Razzleberry and then coloured by running over the stamped image with a Blender Pen.
Time to hop on over and see what Rebecca has created this week.