Sunday, October 28, 2018

CTC #202 - Joyous Christmas Tags

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where we take a look at one of the sections of a current Stampin' Up! catalogue and use the projects within it to inspire our own creations.

This week we are taking our inspiration from any of the amazing tags throughout the Holiday Catalogue, I haven't counted them up but there are heaps of them in this catty and this challenge is the perfect opportunity to start making your tags for Christmas.

With so many great tags in the catalogue how could I just stick to one?  Not possible, so instead I took inspiration from these two tags on page 28, to make a tag and a card. I love the Joyous Noel DSP and although I don't have the Peaceful Noel stamp set I wanted to see how they would turn out using the sets I do have.

The tag on the left looks great, but instead of leaving it as a tag I decided to use it as a feature on a card front, the best part of which is it allowed me to showcase some of the other DSP sheets in the pack!  I used the Duet Banner Punch cut from copper glimmer paper and layered this with one of the cute tags from Tags & Tidings Bundle.

My second project was to re-create the other tag, for this one I kept fairly true to the original layout but used my tag topper punch and added some of the gorgeous Merry Merlot & Copper Ribbon  to the top of the tag. The sentiment is from Itty Bitty Greetings, the holly from Peaceful Poinsettia, and the smudge from Love What You Do. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the samples in the All Is Bright section of the catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Sandra has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

4 comments:

  1. What stunning tags!! Love the bling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the pleated circle looks much better on the card rather than just being a tag, makes it stand our more. Love that itty bitty greeting on the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful creations Monique. I love the Glimmer Paper Duet Banner behind the sentiment on the card, I would never have thought to use it like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This DSP is gorgeous and having the tag on a card front shows it off beautifully. You've cased these tags so wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.