Sunday, February 24, 2019

CTC #127 - Happiness Blooms

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where we take a look at one of the sections of a current Stampin' Up! catalogue and use the projects within it to inspire our own creations.


This week we are taking our inspiration from the Happiness Blooms section of the Occasions Catalogue, pages 24 to 33. 

I was inspired by this image from page 28 of the Occasions Catalogue, it was the use of the stitched rectangles that caught my eye. I love my rectangle framelits and finding new ways to use them together. 

Because I liked the use of the rectangles I kept the layout and even stamps exactly the same as the original, but switched up the colours based on the DSP I chose.  The first time I stamped the images I used Basic Black but it was too stark, so I mixed it up and stamped in Soft Suede and it softened the images perfectly. Balmy Blue is one of my favourite colours and even though there is only a little bit of it in the DSP I couldn't help making it the base of my card and using it for the Happy Birthday sentiment. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the samples Happiness Blooms section of the catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.


Time to hop on over and see what Shannon has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

5 comments:

  1. I love the rectangles!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the 3 rectangle arrangement too. And doesn't the card look so different in the alternative colours!! WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Monique. I love the softness Soft Suede has given to the sentiment and cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great case, love your colour combination and dsp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is fabulous! I love the more feminine take on the catalogue card.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.