Sunday, April 28, 2019

ESAD - So Long Old Favourites

Welcome to another ESAD Blog Hop, this time we are saying "so long" to our favourites that will be retiring at the end of May. I am featuring a suite that is one of my all time favourites, Floral Romance. I love just about everything about this suite and sadly the only carry over items from the suite are the Lace 3D embossing folder, and the cute little Frosted Flower Embellishments!  

My first project is one I made for a dear friend using a needlework hoop as the base.  I was so pleased with this project that it was really hard to give it away, but as my friend has recently moved into a new craft room I know it will make a nice addition to her craft space. Because vellum can curl with age or humidity I decided to laminate the whole vellum sheet with a matte finish then fussy cut the leaves and flowers out, attaching them with hot glue.   I also added some of the fussy cut vellum flowers to the back-groud paper as well as the stamped images. 

I love this suite so much I decided to also make a coordinating card. I love the sentiment from the stamp set, and the beautiful chubby oval die from the coordinating framelits.  To make the printed vellum pop on the dark background I added a layer of Whisper White cardstock, using glue dots behind some of the printed parts to adhere it securely.  I love the soft Rich Razzleberry Velvet Ribbon, which isn't strictly part of this suite, but sadly is retiring at the end of the current catalogue. 

Which is your favourite retiring product or products?

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely and talented Kelly is saying a fond farewell to.

Happy Stamping
Monique

18 comments:

  1. This suite is so beautiful and your projects are gorgeous. I'm sure your friend would have loved her gift. I love the idea of putting Whisper White cardstock under the vellum to make it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful projects. Your friend would have loved her gift. I like the tip about putting Whisper White behind the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Monique. I love the combination of colours, so pretty. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this bundle and just caved in and bought it for it to be retiring! So sad as it’s so pretty x hugs to you too your projects are stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Monique I just love this. What a gorgeous gift set. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing gift for your friend, I'm sure she loves it. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous projects Monique, your wreath is so amazing, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Monique!! I bet the recipient loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Monique. That frame is just so special. Superb! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a stunning suite and your projects have showcased it perfectly!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love this set and DSP and your wreath and card are absolutely stunning. Such a lot of hard work involved here but what a beautiful gift for your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Moni your projects turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous frame. Such a lovely gift and perfect for a craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful frame and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous projects!! There's so many lovely things you've used here that are retiring it makes me a bit sad. What a beautiful keepsake for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your needle hoop is stunning and suddenly Im looking around for them!! Everything about your work is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful gift for your friend. You'll have to make another one for our craft room! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.