Sunday, July 18, 2021

CTC #327 - CASE The Christmas Time Section of the Catalogue

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

We are celebrating a special milestone this week, tonight is the 7th Anniversary of CASEing the Catty!  Thanks to everyone who has been with us for the 7 years, and for those who have joined in more recent times. 

This week we are taking our inspiration from the Christmas Time / Holiday Section of the Annual Catalogue, pages 88 to 95.
 

I was inspired by this image from page 88, I loved it as a way to show off strips of DSP or use up scraps you might have left over from other projects. 

I changed this up by making a landscape oriented card, and used the returning favourite Heart Warming Hugs DSP. I was so excited to see this DSP come back into the Annual Catalogue, I love the strong colours and small patterns which make it great for all sorts of projects. I have added some rhinestones for extra bling. 

In this up close look at my stocking you can see that I have also added some Wink of Stella to the fronds in the Christmas stocking., sadly Wink of Stella never photographs as nicely as it looks in person. I have also stamped the stocking twice, once in Real Red and once in Mossy Meadow, then I cut the top off the red stocking and adhered it to the green for some extra interest. I like how this turned out. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the samples in the Christmas Time section of the Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Judy has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

5 comments:

  1. Love the landscape orientation and the bright colours of the DSP strips. Great case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this DSP too, and I adore how you've used it on your card. It's a great way to use up all those left over bits and pieces. The two-colour stocking is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great example CASE-ing this sketch.Looks awesome with the changed orientation too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The two tone stocking is awesome! And I love this design in landscape too! Great inspiration choice!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to show off the lovely dsp! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.