Sunday, September 12, 2021

CTC #335 - CASE A 3D Project From The Annual Catalogue

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the 3D projects in the Annual Catalogue.
 
There are a lot of 3D projects that use the cute little Ombre bags, but I wanted to do something a bit different. I was excited to spot this little box on page 88 of the Annual Catalogue as part of the Tidings of Christmas suite. I love a little box and wanted to see if I could create this using a sheet of the 6"x6" DSP.

Here is my result which I made to fit our 3"x3" envelopes.  The base is cut from a 6"x6" piece of Sahara Sand cardstock scored at 1-3/8" on all sides; and the lid is made from a piece of 6"x6" DSP scored at a little bit less than 1-3/8" (or 4.4cm if you don't mind mixing measurements!). This helps the lid fit snuggly but not too tightly to the base.  The sentiment is cut from the smallest die from Stitched So Sweetly dies, I think this might have been the first time I've used this die and I think it goes perfectly with this sentiment. 

Now I couldn't make a cute box like that without making some coordinating cards, so here they are:

These were easy to make really quickly using the dies and sentiments from Tidings & Trimmings bundle and coordinating DSP. I have added embellishments from the Brushed Metallic Adhesive Backed Dots.  These are beautiful and have a very metallic feel to them, slightly heavier than our resin style dots. 

Here is my second mini card, using the copper brushed metallic dot. I intentionally have used a different dot on each card as a way to show them off. 

And finally my last mini card, this one with the bronze dot.  You could easily fancy these up with some ink splatter, or gold twine, but I wanted to keep them nice and simple.

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples in the new Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Rebecca has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique




4 comments:

  1. The rest stamping is so crisp and stunning - I love love love all these little mini cards, and your box is brilliant! And I mix my measurements too back and forth between metric and imperial!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a sweet little box, and I love that you've filled it with even sweeter cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a cute little box of note cards and your choice of DSP for the gift box is just right. Thanks for the dimensions, I may just have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a box with matching cards!! I love this DSP and the gorgeous stars.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.