Sunday, January 2, 2022

CTC #350 - CASE The Cover

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the cover of the new Mini Catalogue that goes live on 4 January, just two more days to go!

I pondered for a while what to use for my card, knowing that I wanted to use stamps that would allow me to create a scene, so after hunting through my sets I decided on Sailing Home. I used the SAB DSP Simply Marbelous for the frame, choosing the Basic Grey one for its realistic marble look. 

I used some torn and cut paper masks for the clouds and waves in the ocean and I have to say I am extremely happy with how the water looks.  I used a white gel pen to highlight the tips of the waves.  Did you know that the foam that comes off waves is called spindrift?  A bit of trivia as it was also the name of the boat I grew up on, so this card will most definitely go to my dad who still loves the ocean.


I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples in the new Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Tina has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

1 comment:

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.