Sunday, February 13, 2022

CTC #356 - CASE The Heart & Home DSP Colours

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from
 
Here are the Heart & Home DSP colours. I always find it easier to see them uncluttered from the DSP and before starting my own project for this challenge pulled out each of the ink pads and moved them around until I had an idea of how they worked together. Then I thought how well they would work for flowers and I happened to have just received my new order which included Easter Friends stamp set and I knew the Easter bunny would look cute in Cinnamon Cider. 

Here is my finished card, the flowers in the background are from Painted Poppies, one of my all time favourite stamp sets. I coloured these with Pale Papaya and Fresh Freesia using Stampin' Blends after stamping them in Garden Green. I love how our Stampin' Blends can be used to colour any water-based ink. I was going to add the sentiment on a banner, but after creating the blended background I decided to stamp directly onto the card ... always a risk when its the last thing you stamp!  I actually chopped the sentiment in half so that each word could be stamped separately. I know to some people this is unthinkable, so if that's you then you can always use other techniques to stamp the two words separately, by masking or using Stampin' Write Markers. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples in the new Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Tina has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

2 comments:

  1. Nice to combine different stamp sets for a challenge. Flowers look great behind bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Monique!! Such a fun card and the Cinnamon bunny is a real stand out with your sweet poppies.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.