Sunday, May 15, 2022

CTC #369 - CASE A Blending Brush Technique

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from projects that use a Blending Brush technique. I was excited for this challenge as I love my Blending Brushes and couldn't wait to get started. 

I was inspired by this image from page 33 of the Annual Catalogue featuring the Simply Succulents stamp set and dies. I was so pleased to see this set had carried over from last year's catalogue as I love succulents.

I used the same colour scheme as last week, and am much happier with the way they worked together on this card.  I think keeping the darker colours as the framing layer of Pretty Prints DSP and ribbon works much better. 

The first blending Brush technique is using the large die cut from the Potted Succulents Dies to create a mask for adding soft colour to the background. I did purposefully add different amounts of colour to the centres of the succulents on the background. My tip is to use a piece of DSP (retired of course) to make your mask rather than photocopy paper as the DSP is a bit more robust and takes a good amount of blending without damaging the paper mask.


I also used my Blending Brushes to colour the succulents in the focal image.  As you can see here, colouring with Blending Brushes is a non-precise way to colour, and is great for adding colour to the centre of flowers and succulents.  I could have added other colours around the edges but wanted to keep it fairly simple. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples in the new Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Rachel has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

1 comment:

  1. Michelle Strazds9:03 PM, May 15, 2022

    Lovely card. I think the darker colour at the outside makes the central succulents pop more than the original.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.