Sunday, May 8, 2022

CTC #368 - CASE Favourite Annual Catalogue Project

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from our favourite project in the new 2022-23 Annual Catalogue which went live this week.  I love it when a new catalogue comes out, so many new products and to flip through and see all the wonderful projects the Creative Team have designed is so much fun.
 
It is way too hard to pick a favourite at this stage,  however I decided  to flick  through  the catty until a project really jumped out at me.  The project above, from page 75, caught my eye.  I was drawn to the colours and the contrast between the black and white images on the background and the focal imaged coloured in.  I also really like this design as it is great for getting the most out of 6" x 6" DSP as you can use a 3" strip of DSP on the card instead of a whole card-front.

I wanted to use my favourite colour combo at the moment, Soft Succulent, Evening Evergreen and Pale Papaya, however I think that the card might have looked softer if I had used a paler shade on the background as the darker green is a bit strong.  I added some rhinestones and some gold leafing using the wreath from Natural Prints Dies, I love how they add some texture and you can trim the wreath into smaller embellishment pieces. 


I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples in the new Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Sandra has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

1 comment:

  1. I really love the darker background, it certainly makes the flowers pop! The touches of gold are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.