Sunday, August 21, 2022

CTC #383 - CASE Artistic Expressions

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the Artistic Expressions section of the Annual Catalogue, pages 90 to 119. 

I was inspired by this image from page 98, I bought the Textured Chic DSP with an early order, maybe my first, but wasn't convinced that I needed the Season of Chic stamps and dies bundle so put off purchasing those.  I have recently however decided that I do need them and so wanted to use them for this challenge.  I often find that the first few times I use a new stamp set my final card has veered away from my initial design, and that happened in this case (pun intended). 

Even though I have the lovely papers I wanted to see what I could create using a different colour palette and chose a combination of our pinks, purples and a touch of Soft Seafoam. In my creative process I used some "splatter" stamps from a few sets that I have to create the background, then decided to reduce the amount of embellishments used and let the shells stand out. I did want to add some ribbon so twisted some Metallic Woven Ribbon with some Braided Linen Trim and love how this turned out, adding a subtle element to the card. 

I created the shells by using my Blending Brushes to add colour to white cardstock before cutting out the top layer using the dies, I then mounted these on coordinating plain cardstock. I think this gives the shells the appearance of being under the sea with the light coming through the waves and water, highlighting some parts and leaving the others in shadow but always moving. 

In case you have no idea what I am talking about I thought I'd go hunting for an image to illustrate  online and found this one.

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples in Artistic Expressions section of the new Annual Catalogue pages 90 to 119 to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Sandra has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours Monique, just an element of surprise using those bolder shades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use blending to create the top layer of your shells and it does give the illusion you were wanting, clever to find a picture for clarification. The background die frames your shells nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is soooo beautiful!! And these colours are just gorgeous for this set - great to think of it in a different colour palatte.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.