Sunday, November 27, 2022

CTC #397 - Case Texture Chic DSP

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the Texture Chic DSP

I was inspired by this image from the Texture Chic Suite Collection page 98 of the Annual Catalogue.

I am not sure if the project in the catalogue is a card or a little box, but it inspired me to create a little card box. I started out creating one to hold 3"x3" cards, then I changed my mind and decided what I needed for Christmas was lots of gift tags.  So I made one to hold my "go-to" bulk tags. It is 4-1/2" x 2-1/4" and 1" deep.

Here are the gift cards I made to go inside.  These look impressive but are super easy to mass produce.  I cut a piece of A4 cardstock in half length ways to create two pieces that are 10.5cm by 29.8cm (you could also do this with the US cardstock as the initial sizes don't matter too much).  I stamped the snowflakes from Season of Chic along  both edges of the cardstock, then adhered a 1cm strip of DSP and 0.5cm strip of Distressed Gold Specialty Paper along one edge.  Next cut each piece into 2" wide pieces, you should get 5 tags from each piece, 10 tags in total.  Then use a tag topper punch on the non-DSP end and add some Bakers Twine or Gold Thread. I stamped the To and From on these but you could easily write that on yourself.  The little box I made holds at least 15 of these, and could hold at least 10 more. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, be inspired by the Texture Chic DSP in your project, then post a picture of it to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Julia has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous box. Love the snow flakes. And what a great idea to store lovely tags. Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this. This is the perfect gift box. Love the snowflakes and gift tags.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.