Sunday, October 30, 2011

Recycling Sketch

It is nice to have the pressure off, life is getting back to normal which also means that I have more time to create. I am finding that my mojo is definitely back, I look at challenges now and ideas just pop into my head where I had been struggling before, it is so nice.

This week's Friday Mash Up challenge was

  1. Make a project with the sketch
  2. Make a project using recycled or re-purposed materials or supplies
  3. or Mash It Up and create a project using the sketch and recycled or re-purposed materials or supplies

I chose to mash it up, and used mostly retired items from Stampin' Up!, I can't bear to part with them but really don't often use them as I use current products on my projects.  Can you spot the one thing on my card that is current?  The butterfly and flourish are from the Sale-A-Bration set Bliss, the DSP are from a retired set I can't remember the name of, and the brads are Square Ice brads, such a shame these are no longer current, they are so pretty.  Which of course leaves the sentiment as the only current item, it's from the Elements of Style stamp set.

Happy Stamping

6 comments:

  1. Oh Monique, this is stunning. LOVE IT!

    Thanks for playing

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, love your soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the sketch and reuse of items Monique! I am a big hoarder of retired SU items and love to use retired items on my projects :)

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monique, as always your card is so pretty! Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup. My DT guest spot is over but I will not miss a week! See you at the PLG! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always nice to use up retired stuff! I think we don't do that enough. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so soft and pretty!! I love the colors you used.. Great idea to use all the retired stuff you have. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.