Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mashup Vintage

Time to play with Friday Mashup again, I liked the simplicity of this layout because I am trying to be a bit more clean and simple in my creations and I struggle a bit with that.

I have stayed with the sketch fairly closely except for the corners which are on opposite sides to the sketch!  I wanted to focus on the details of this card, making it a bit vintagey (if that's even a word) by sanding the DSP layer and adding some sponging and sanding again until I was happy with the look.  I used some of the Crochet Trim and sponged it with Soft Suede to give it a bit more colour.  The butterflies were an easy edition, and I wanted to keep the centre fairly simple so used a small sentiment and soft colours.  The pearls on the butterflies and the corners were the final touch.

Happy Stamping

7 comments:

  1. Oh so Vintagey! Love your creativity in both cards and inventing words.

    Very pretty.

    Thanks for sharing in our challenge.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Pretty color combo!!! Great texture and accents!!! Thanks for playing along with The Friday Mashup, GD Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. The pearls and ribbon really make this card pop. Happy you could play along at The Friday Mashup :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So soft and feminine! Absolutely lovely card, Monique! Glad you could join us again at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty.. I really like how it's clean but still have that vintage/shabby chic look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning design, Monique! I love it! I am so NOT confident doing Vintage. I even have the distressing kit ... and still can't manage a nice one! You sure have got this one right! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So soft, with beautiful vintage details! Thanks for joining us this week at the Mashup.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.