Sunday, August 5, 2012

Friendship Card

With the list of Stampin’ Up! retiring stamp sets released on 1st August I have decided to get the most out of these sets before they go for good, so have used Vintage Vogue for this week’s entry into the Freshly Made Sketches and Dynamic Duo challenges.




I knew the combination of bright colours would be great for this set, the Wild Wasabi for the leaves and vines and the Pumpkin Pie for the flowers.  I did find that the Pumpkin Pie was just a bit to intense for the more vintage look I was after so did some stamping off to achieve a lighter shade.  I wanted to add ruffled seam binding in Crumb Cake to match the base card and finished it off with the Monogram sentiment also from the Vintage Vogue set.  I just love the vine stamp in the set for making backgrounds with and used it in Wild Wasabi for the side panel.  



Happy Stamping

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and a perfect way to use these colours. Reminds me of Spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful card! Great idea to use the second generation stamping!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I like your shimmery ruffled ribbon and the pretty pearl accents. Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I like you pearl accented flowers and ruffled ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Monique! The fussy cut flowers and ruffled ribbon are such beautiful details. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love the ribbon and the pearls! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely and elegant card - all of those flowers really "pop." Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card - I love Vintage Vogue so I am a little biased!! Great detail.
    Late
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the ruffled ribbon and the pearls, lovely card Monique. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the flowers and your ruffled seam binding! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos with your pretty card! I love the ruffled seam binding too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.