Monday, October 29, 2012

Christmas Ornaments

I had some fun on the weekend making some Christmas Ornaments with some of my new products and I thought I might just share them with you.

 This first one is a fairly simple ornament that I had seen somewhere on Pinterest, and in hindsight I would have used a couple more of the flower and snowflakes and spritzed the Real Red cardstock.  But all that aside, as a simple ornament I was happy with the outcome.  I found it easiest with the large outer image to adhere the two Framelits together to ensure an even cut each time.  I added some Rhinestones to the Bakers Twine to add some bling.

The second ornament is a variation of the one on the front cover of the Holiday Catalogue, I used Midnight Muse instead of Gumball Green and a scalloped circle as the centre rather than a rosette.  I snipped in toward the centre at every second scallop so that it would sit nicely, then finished off with a Faceted Vintage Button.  Each of the petals of the ornament is made with 4 stamped and cut out shapes, three of them are scored and folded in half and adhered together.  I used the video tutorial from Angie at Chic N Scratch - thanks Angie for putting the effort in, it made it much easier to follow along.

Here is my little tip for scoring all 30 ornaments.  Use one of the negatives and find the middle of the top and bottom and then adhere the negative over a groove on the Simply Scored tool - I have drawn in a line down the 6" mark so I used this score mark.  Just slip your ornaments into the negative and score down the middle - this is much quicker than lining each ornament up, or not scoring them before folding which doesn't give as clean a look.

Happy Stamping

3 comments:

  1. Your tip for lining up the ornaments for scoring is absolute genius!! Many thanks for sharing!!! Your finished projects are so lovely. :-) --Doris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doris, it sort of just came to me when I saw the scraps from my cutting! Glad it has helped you out.

      Delete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.