Saturday, December 8, 2012

Festive Friday #48

This week at the Festive Friday Challenge the challenge is to use Punch Art!  While I used to do a lot of punch art (years before joining Stampin' Up!) and loved it, but since then the stamping inky side has taken over so it was nice to get the punches out and get creative.


I have always liked the little Owl Punch used to make reindeer faces but wasn't sure what I could use for antlers, so I put the project on hold.  My very next project (which I can show you soon) involved cutting out some snowflakes with the new Snow Flurry die, and for my project I only used the largest of the snowflakes.  Seeing the other two cut out just lying on my desk I realised that the middle sized one would be great for antlers!!!  And sparkly antlers at that and with sparkly antlers they just had to have sparkly noses too!  I had already adhered the noses before deciding to add sparkle so just used some of the new Dazzling Details to finish them off.

Wanting to add a few more punches to the project I stamped the sentiment onto Very Vanilla card stock and then punched out using the Word Window punch. I then punched a window out of the die cut DSP with the Modern Label punch and used Dimensionals to pop up the sentiment!  The DSP was cut with the Clear Oval Accents with just a smidge trimmed off the top and bottom.

A great way to line up your punch when punching a window is to first punch the shape from a Post-It note (including adhesive) and then position that onto your project.  Then flip your punch over and line up the Post-It note with the punch and you will get it perfect every time.  I didn't take photos as I went for this one but will do so next time!

Happy Stamping

1 comment:

  1. Great card this week Monique. I love the Owl punch and you've used it really well!! gotta love those reindeer noses!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.