Friday, March 29, 2013

A Special Gift

This week was a pretty tough week for me, on Monday I managed to pull a muscle in my back and by Tuesday I could barely get out of bed because of the pain and spasm.  I also found out on Tuesday morning that I wasn't successful at a job I had applied for, so all in all a rotten sort of morning.  I was on Facebook having a chat to a dear friend who did her best to cheer me up which did really help.  After a while she had to go do some shopping, and as often happens she asked if I wanted anything while she was out, I jokingly replied "Tim Tams :)"

The very next day an express post parcel arrived in the post and when I opened it there was this cute little card and two little packaged up items. The words in this card put a smile on my face and tears in my eyes "Cheer up Charlie!  You are Wonderful!"  Just the words I needed to hear!

This is one of the little packages that I opened up before photographing - inside the wrapper is a packet of ... you guessed it Tim Tams!!! It seems that the lovely Shirley had in fact picked me up some while she was at the shops and had decorated and packaged them up just for me!

This is the second packet also decorated but still un-opened ... but not for long lol.  Even more special is the suite of papers and stamps that Shirley used is called "Sent With Love"!

It is at times like these that I don't love living in such a big country, but even with such physical distance between us, I felt such love and support!  So a bit thank you to Shirley for taking the time to show her care of me so sweetly (no pun intended).  You can check out some of Shirley's other amazing work at Stamping Elephants.

Happy Stamping

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.