Tuesday, July 2, 2013

ESAD Annual Catalogue Blog Hop

As usual with the release of a new catalogue comes an ESAD Blog Hop, 25 talented demonstrators sharing their creations with some of the exciting new products in the Annual Catalogue released today.  Whether you are starting from my blog, or have come from Chloe's blog Chlo's Craft Closet, all you need to do is follow the links at the bottom of each post to jump to the next blog.  So sit back and enjoy.

For my part I wanted to showcase Happy Day.  This is a cute set and I just knew that I could use it for a variety of card styles, so took the challenge and have created three quite different cards for you.

The first one is one that uses another couple of sets, Gorgeous Grunge and Tape It.  Washi Tape is so popular right now, and Stampin' Up! have made a stamp set of strips of washi tape.  The great thing about these is you can colour them to match perfectly with any project without having to own rolls and rolls of tape!!!  I wanted this card to have a bit of a grungy feel to it and have shadow stamped then fussy cut the sentiment before adding to the card.

My second creation is one CASEd off a card I saw on Pinterest (I will add a link when I find it again), I have kept the design very similar. The DSP used is from Modern Medley, and I added some extra colour by sponging Strawberry Slush (new In-Colour) on the fold backs of the DSP feature, and paired this with one of the Baroque Detail embellishments in the same colour.  The sentiment banner is made using the Mosaic Punch, threading the cardstock through the punch at one end before layering and repeating the process.   The pearls are simply coloured with a black permanent marker to match.

Finally I wanted to use the beautiful swirl patterned stamp, and noticed that it fits beautifully with the Labels Collection Framelits.  I used the emboss resist technique to add both Pool Party and Island Indigo to the framelits, and the Rock n Roll technique to colour the medallion.  The DSP on this card is from Quatrefancy Specialty DSP.

I hope you have enjoyed visiting, if you don't already have a demonstrator and would like to learn more about Stampin' Up! please don't hesitate to contact me.  Now it is time to hop on over to Christie's Creative Corner and see what the talented Christie has made to inspire us all.

What is ESAD?
ESAD stands for "Extra Special Australasian Demonstrators" and it is an on-line group just for Australian and New Zealand Stampin' Up! demonstrators. We love what we do & love to share with our customers, friends, and wonderful blog visitors. We also share what we love in our ESAD Demonstrator community, through swaps, challenges, sharing knowledge, ideas & friendship, and we're always there to help and support each other.
So if you are a Stampin' Up! demonstrator located in Australia or New Zealand, then please feel free comment on one of the posts and ask for an invitation.

Happy Stamping

14 comments:

  1. great cards Monique ... I'll have to pull out my Tape It and ink it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects Mon. May just have to CASE them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last card! Thank you for working out that the stamps work with the framelits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great Moni. I love them all especially the Emboss resist card. They are all just beautiful,

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards especially the Pool Party one with the framelits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Monique, I absolutely love the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Monique, I absolutely love the last one. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally here! They're all beautiful Moni, but I love love love the labels one in island & pool. Lovely!
    Inky wishes, Di

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your great creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your "Happy Day" banner is awesome! I really must try that technique! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards, I really love the blue one!

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.