Sunday, January 7, 2018

CTC #160 - Picture Perfect Party

 Welcome to the first CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop for 2018, I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and that 2018 has been kind so far!

Not only is it the start of a new year, but also the start of us CASEing a brand new catalogue! That's right, the Occasions Catalogue is now current and for this first challenge we are taking our inspiration from projects in the Picture Perfect Party section of the catalogue, pages 4 - 9.

I chose to CASE the card above from page 4 of the catalogue. I think this is a really fun card and love the bright colours, but I wanted to keep the layout and play around with the colour scheme a little bit to make it a bit more sophisticated. I used the beautiful Berry Burst Metallic Edged Ribbon (page 13) to base my new colour scheme on. I have included some tips for you on how to get this looking just right on your card at the end of my post.


The Berry Burst panel has been embossed with one of the Petal Pair Textured Impressions Embossing Folders from the Petal Passion Suite. These are a set of two cute little folders and for this card I ran the cardstock through a number of times to get the pattern right across the panel. These are easy to miss in the catalogue but can be found peeking out on the lower right hand side of page 23.  The DSP is from this suite also and is simply stunning with it's black and white images, perfect for leaving plain like this or for colouring with Stampin' Blends, Watercolour Pencils, or Markers.

Now for the tip on how to ruffle the ribbon:


I first cut a 1/4" strip of coordinating cardstock and ran a strip of Tear & Tape along its length. Once the backing is removed to reveal the sticky side I took a piece of ribbon and created ruffles at one end.  Because I didn't want to waste ribbon, or have the card too bulky, I left a gap for the sentiment panel and then started the other end of the ruffle, keeping going until I was happy with the length.

I used a bit of retired Washi Tape to hold both ends of the strip in place thorugh the process, it makes it so much easier. I then checked that the sentiment panel would position between the two ruffles by placing it over the gap but not sticking it in place. 

Once you have the ruffle right, remove the Washi Tape and trim the cardstock strip to size (just under each end of the ribbon.  By adhering the ribbon to the cardstock strip rather than directly onto the card it allowed me to get the ribbon nice and straight and to play around with exactly where I wanted it to sit on the card.  Once in the right place I used more Tear & Tape to adhere it to the card, then added the sentiment over the top using Dimensionals.

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, simply take inspiration from p 4-9 of the Occasions Catalogue and post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook Page.


  
 Time to hop on over to see what Judy has been inspired to create.

Happy Stamping
Monique

14 comments:

  1. That ruffle ribbon is gorgeous Monique! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours you have used really appeal to me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Berry Burst with the Black and White DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card Monique! I'm loving how striking the black & white of the Petal Passion DSP is! Rich Razzleberry is a great match! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and a good tip for the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a good tip for the ribbon, lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your colour combination and thanks for the tip Monique x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tip - and your card certainly does look more sophisticated! like that colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely trying your tip with tucking the ribbon edge under, mine always unravels! Love the petal passion suite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous card. Love the colours and great tip for the ruffled ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some great tips Monique and love the card

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thankyou for the awesome idea for ruffles on ribbon. What a winner! Amazing case.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh fabulous colours Monique! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, I'm in heaven! Just love the Berry Burst with the black and white DSP - looks awesome. Love the tip for creating the ribbon ruffle. So much easier than putting it directly onto the card.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.