Sunday, January 21, 2018

CTC #162 - Sweet Soiree

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop . Challenge, where we take our inspiration from a section of one of the current Stampin' Up! Catalogues. 

This week we are being inspired by the Sweet Soiree section of the Occasions Catalogue, pages 10 - 14. This section has such a pretty suite of products, with flowers and cakes and lots of sparkle and silver!

I took my inspiration from the image on page 10 of the catalogue, the right hand card in the photo above. I really liked the layout of this card, although I made quite a few changes with the colours and images I used.

I was itching to use my new Petal Palette stamp set and this was the perfect opportunity. If you visit my blog regularly you will know that I often go through phases, I think I am in my Razzleberry Phase at the moment as I have been drawn time and again to this beautiful colour.  I started by stamping my images in Rich Razzleberry before colouring with Stampin' Blends, for the flowers in Rich Razzleberry and Pink Pirouette and Old Olive for the leaves. I think stamping in a non-black ink gives the overall finish a softer look.

There are lots of little details on this card that I missed on my initial glance at it, one of these was that there was a stitched circle layer behind the other images, and one of the others was the little strip of DSP along the right side of the main panel.  I made mine by cutting a thin piece from the Painted with Love Specialty DSP, choosing a segment with Rich Razzleberry and gold.

The sentiment is from the lovely set from the Lots of Happy Card Kit stamped and embossed in Gold on a 1" strip of vellum. I made a second banner in Basic Black to layer behind the vellum and attached the two together with a staple in the left side. I coloured the staple with the dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends so that it was more gold than silver to coordinate with the rest of the card.

I used the remainder of the strip to decorate the inside of the card.

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just upload a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook Page.

Time to hop on over to see what the talented Elizabeth has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the touches of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is beautiful. Isn't it amazing the detail you see when you really look closely at the samples in the catalogue. You've done a stunning case with this different suite. I love the gold and razzleberry combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card and case Monique. That little strip on the inside is just enough to finish it and love the details you have put on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Monique - love your CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks super pretty using Petal Palette! I love all your gorgeous layers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the details you have used on your lovely card, Monique. This is a great layout.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.