Sunday, March 4, 2018

CTC #168 - Petal Passion

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where we take a look at one of the sections of a current Stampin' Up! catalogue and use the product samples within as inspiration for our own creations.  This week we are looking at the Petal Passion section, pages 22 - 27 of the Occasions Catalogue.

I took my inspiration from this cute card featured on page 24, with the original using pieces from the Petal Passion Memories and More Card Pack. I decided to mix things up a little and make the base of my card yellow and the flowers pink.

My most recent acquisition is the stunning new foil DSP in the second release of Sale-A-Bration, Springtime Foil. I used this for the background, adding stripes of colour with my Dark Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Blend pen and then cut two of the floral images from one of the other pieces in the pack and coloured them with Pink Pirouette and Old Olive. This DSP has a glossy finish and the Blends get a really watery look on it, very different to the smooth finish on Whisper White.  I think it works really well on this card.  The sentiment is from Colourful Season stamp set, I think it goes so nicely with these beautiful flowers.  Not having a ribbon to match I cut a strip of Rich Razzleberru cardstock 1cm wide and cut a "v" on each end then folded it over making sure I off set it a bit to allow both tails of the banner to show well.  

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge, just take inspiration from pages 22-27 of the Occasions Catalogue and post a picture of your project on the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely Sandra has been inspired to create this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, vibrant card, Monique, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Pretty. I love how you have created the background - so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great CASE Monique, I love how you've used the Stampin' Blends to add stripes of colour to the DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas Monique - the razzleberry stripes look great and the matching faux ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card Monique and I love your colours x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I missed this card in the catalogue - thank you so much for showing it off!! And the Springtime Foils DSP looks fantastic with this card! I love the Blends stripes! So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, I love the colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.