Sunday, May 20, 2018

CTC #179 - Favourite Kit

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty, where we take inspiration for our creations from the pages of one of the current Stampin' Up! Catalogues.  

This week we are taking inspiration from the kits in any of the current catalogues.

I decided to take my inspiration from the Colour Me Happy kit, which  while not strictly in one of the catalogues, is still available and therefore fair game!  I chose the above card as my inspiration.


I decided to keep very much to the original layout and colour scheme but instead of pink flowers I coloured mine in Rich Razzleberry for a deeper colour.  The DSP on the background is one of the amazing ones in the Share What You Love suite.  I also added a few of the enamel dots onto the card instead of the sequins.  Because I wanted to step the card up a little I used a base of Rich Razzleberry and a mat of basic black which I think gives it a more elegant look.

I hope you are inspired to join in with the challenge this week, we don't have many left for the current catalogues, which is a little sad and a little exciting.  To join in just take your inspiration from one of the current kits and upload a picture of it to the CTC Facebook Page.

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely Megan has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

6 comments:

  1. So pretty Monique! I just love this kit and all the possibilities when you combine with our other great supplies! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's clever use of the DSP Monique, I had to look twice at the original. Such lovely colouring on those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THat DSP is amazing isn't it! I had a double take when I saw your card - it really is a beautiful step up from the original - stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Monique and such a great idea to use this kit to CASE x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Monique - love how the black frames it all nicely, great choice of DSP too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your version of this card, especially the darker colours. Fab!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.