Sunday, July 1, 2018

CTC #185 - Best Route

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where we take inspiration for our projects from one of the sections of the current Stampin' Up! catalogue.

This week we are looking at the "Best Route" section on pages 52 - 65 of the Annual Catalogue.

Having recently been playing with my Beautiful Promenade stamp set, this card from page 55 caught my eye. I am a little intrigued as to how they achieved the lattice look on the edge, but decided to get creative with my own version.

I was going to use Brusho to colour the background, but in a recent tidy up and re-arrange of my craft space I seem to have temporarily misplaced it lol.  Not to worry, I decided to take the sketch in another direction, using solid cardstock for the flowers stamped in Versamark and Silver embossed. I like how they stand out and the sketch looks so different done this way.  For the lattice down the side of my panel I used the Framelit from Petals & More set, by only running it through part way along the die, then moving it along and cutting from the other end I was able to get a longer piece of cut out.

A couple of extra silver embellishments with a leaf from Beautiful Layers Thinlits, and one of the vintage flowers from the Share What You Love Embellishment Kit, finish off this card.

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, simply upload  a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook Page.

Time to hop on over and see what Rebecca has created this week.



Happy Stamping
Monique

6 comments:

  1. Looks great!! I hope you find your brusho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the silver embossing looks so effective on the dark coloured cardstock Monique. You've created quite a different look with that layout. Amazing how that ahappens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I agree with you that the silver embossed flowers are stunning on the dark card. What a beautiful case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your version of this card Monique. It looks amazing silver embossed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Monique and great idea to use the DSP x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are rocking that flower Mon! Love the card in this style & colours. Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.