Sunday, March 3, 2019

CTC #218 - Sale-A-Bration Inspiration

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where we take a look at one of the sections of a current Stampin' Up! catalogue and use the projects within it to inspire our own creations.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the wonderful projects in any of the Sale-A-Bration catalogues and flyers.

I was inspired by this image from the front cover of the second release SAB Flyer, I loved the layer of vellum, ribbons and other embellishments. 

I decided to go with a softer feel for my version of the card, using one of the vellum sheets from Floral Romance Specialty DSP and some of the softer colours associated with that suite. When looking at these soft colours I decided they would be perfect for a wedding card, and what better way to add a sentiment, than with my new Well Said Bundle, I just love how the stamps and framelits work so wonderfully together.

I layered the stitched circle onto a circle punched from Share What You Love DSP which I realised hasn't seen the light of day for a while. Using it on this project reminded me how lovely it is with a thicker weight, and the beautiful pearlised look, and prompted me to add Pearlized Doilies. The great news about these is that they have been added to a third release of SAB products from the existing line, check them out in my on-line store.

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the samples from one of the Sale-A-Bration Catalogues to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.


Time to hop on over and see what Peta has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

Product List

7 comments:

  1. You're right. These colours are stunning for your wedding card. Love all the textures and layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card... My favourite part is the vellum layered over the wood grain dsp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your softer version of this layout, Monique. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's so pretty!! Love the Floral Romance vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Monique. I love how soft and layered this is. It's a really striking card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Monique, I love the soft colour palette you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow, so pretty! The vellum adds such a lovely softness to your gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.