Sunday, March 24, 2019

CTC #221 - Needlepoint Nook

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where we take a look at one of the sections of a current Stampin' Up! catalogue and use the projects within it to inspire our own creations.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the Needlepoint Nook section of the Occasions Catalogue, pages 38 - 41.  

I was inspired by this image from page 38, I think it was the beautiful piece of DSP on the base that caught my eye when I was flicking through the pages for this challenge and it reminded me a little of the gorgeous new Country Floral Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (TIEF) which arrived on my doorstep just yesterday.

I was being really good and not buying this embossing folder, and then Stampin' Up! announced it would be carrying over into the new catalogue!  Well that was all I needed to hear and couldn't wait to pop in my order to earn it for Free during Sale-A-Bration.

The minute the decision was made I knew one of the first pieces of cardstock I would use with it was the Lovely Lipstick Foil Sheets, also available as a free SAB product.  I was stunned by the resulting embossed panel and knew it would be perfect for my card. Knowing how busy the background was I decided to go monochromatic with this one and chose yet another SAB product the Botanical Butterfly DSP for the decorative panel. I chose this pattern because the swirls on it reminded me a bit of stitching which kept in with the theme of the original card. I added a double layer of Bakers Twine in Whisper White and Basic Black and am really happy with the final result.

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the samples Needlepoint Nook section of the catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Lauren has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

Product List

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow. So much to love. The folder with the foil is stunning! Love your case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Embossing on foil is fast becoming a favourite of mine - and your card is a perfect example of why. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The foil looks just amazing embossed like that. Can't go wrong with black and pink. Great CASE, Monique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, the first thing I embossed with this folder was the Lovely Lipstick foil too! it's so pretty, and your card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monique, this embossing folder looks awesome on the Lovely Lipstick Foil. Great card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great CASE, Monique. The foil looks fabulous with the Country Floral EF and the black DSP offsets it really well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad this embossing folder is carrying over. I love it done in the foil, so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.