Sunday, July 14, 2019

CTC #237 - CASE a Layout Page 151

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilse the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.


This week we are taking our inspiration from the layouts of the projects on page 151 of the annual catalogue.

I was inspired by this image, I liked the simplicity of the card and wanted to do something a little different.
  
For my card I made my own background paper using the compass from Com Sail Away and white craft ink, dragging the ink across the cardstock to give a similar look to the original.  I just love the seaweed from the coordinating dies and cut some in both Sahara Sand and Night of Navy. The darker one wasn't showing up very well so having seen my friend Cathy's addition of dots on the seaweed, I was inspired to do the same. I love the texture that this gives, and it does help it to stand out from the background. 


I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the samples on page 151 to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see which card Julia CASE'd this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

6 comments:

  1. I love the background you’ve created and the dots on the darker seaweed looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow, the dotty seaweed is AWESOME!! Love the background treatment too - this looks amazing and like it would be fun to do too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!!!! I love this Mon - I can see the original card, but your version takes on a life of it's own. Great CASE! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great CASE Monique, I love the "dots" on the seaweed and your background looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the dotty seaweed looks fantastic! Definitely stands out now. I love how you've made the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your background is perfect!! I need to try that too. I love the dotty seaweed as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.