Sunday, June 30, 2019

CTC #235 - CASE a Layout

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from a single card layout, this card from page 159. I am so excited to see how we interpret and what we all do with the layout this week.

I decided to use the layout as a rough guide and not stick to it exactly, this allowed me to add a tag to the card, this one is made from Balmy Blue and after trimming the top with the new Delightful Tag Topper Punch I added some embossing with the Subtle embossing folder. This has given it such a soft look, just perfect for adding the fussy cut bird from Bird Ballad DSP. My tip for fussy cutting so it looks super neat is to make sure you are layering it over the same colour as the background of the DSP!  If I had used a white background all my wobbly edges would really stand out. I chose a piece of DSP that kept with some of the softness of the tag and background card, but also had some boldness to it. The Perennial Essence was perfect for this, it even has the touches of yellow in the softer parts of the pattern but also gave me the darker blue as a lovely contrast to the tag and base card. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the layout of the card on page 159 to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Kelly has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

8 comments:

  1. I don;t think anyone can match you for fussy cutting Monique and I don;t believe there are any wobbly bits!!. Beautiful- and a great tip for less skilled cutters like me, thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have used the tag as your top layer. The birds blend into the background so well! Great tip about using the same colour as the DSP background so it doesn’t stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how clever to use a tag! It's a great addition to your card. Your fussy cutting looks pretty good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Monique and great fussy cutting, thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely! Thank you for the tip about the background for fussy cutting - that's so clever!! Love the offset tag under the birds!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Monique. The blue in the DSP really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a genius tip on the fussy cutting which is much appreciated by this terrible fussy cutter! Thank you :) I love the elements you've chosen and your unique slant on the original layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We seem to be on a similar wavelength Monique, ha ha! Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.