Sunday, June 16, 2019

CTC #233 - CASE a Layout

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where we take our inspiration from the current Stampin' Up! catalogues when creating our projects for each challenge. 

With a new catalogue we are shaking things up just a little and not always using whole sections of the catalogue.  So for this week's challenge we are taking our inspiration from the layouts on just one page of the catalogue, page 36.  This is the feature page of one of the new suites, the Magnolia Lane suite.  Don't feel that you have to use items from this suite, just the layout of one of the projects on this page.

I was inspired by this little square card in the bottom left of the page, I think it was the layer of vellum that caught my eye. 

For my card I wanted to move away from the neutral colours of the Magnolia Lane suite, and went with the deeper colours of the Perennial Essence DSP which I used in my card. I also love the flowers on the Bird Ballad DSP and wanted to use them on my card, so fussy cut them out and coloured them with Rich Razzleberry Blends. I love the way they have turned out and it really makes them versatile for a number of projects. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the layout of the cards on page 36. to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.


Time to hop on over and see what Shannon has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Monique - love how the vellum tones down the background to make your fussy cut flowers the standout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card! I really love the vellum later over the DSP which makes it more subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monique your card is beautiful. I love your colour choices and the fussy cut and coloured flowers look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - colouring the DSP flowers - that's a revelation! Thank you for the stunning inspiration. Your card is sooooooo pretty! Love this DSP and your take on the CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just divine, Monique. I love this. That paper looks so beautiful beahind the vellum and your little clusters of flowers are perfect.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.