Wednesday, June 26, 2019

CI #58 - Pretty Magnolia

Welcome to another Colour INKspiration challenge, where we match Stampin' Up! colours to the ones from an inspiration photo, and use them to create our projects.

Isn't this a pretty inspiration photo, in every sense of the word? I love the colour combo with Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Blushing Bride and Gold. 

I decided to go back in time and make a vintage inspired card using a technique I haven't used in a good long time, faux suede.  I took the Blushing Bride layer of card stock and distressed it until the fibres started to separate, I gently pulled the two sides of the card apart to reveal the soft, almost fluffy internal fibres. To distress it further I used Crumb Cake ink to sponge the edges and splatter the piece before adding the magnolia and sentiment. Did you notice that one of the leaves is missing from the flower image? I decided the original image was just a little big and by removing a single leaf it was the perfect size.

I hope you are inspired to join in with this challenge, as I mentioned at the start of my post you have three weeks to complete this one, so grab your inks and papers then post a picture of your project to the CI Facebook Page.

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely Jacque has created with the colours.

Happy Stamping
Monique

Happy Stamping
Monique

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen faux suede before, Monique. It looks as though it gives a lovely texture to the panel. A nice contrast for that elegant bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks amazing. And the leaf less flower is perfect! What great background effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Faux suede. Such a beautiful vintage card in gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.