Sunday, June 2, 2019

CTC #231 - CASE Anything!

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where we take a look at one of the sections of a current Stampin' Up! catalogue and use the projects within it to inspire our own creations.

This week we are taking our inspiration from absolutely any project in either the Annual or Occasions catalogues!  Had your eye on a card or 3D item and thought about having a go at making it yourself? This is the challenge for you!

To choose a project to CASE this week I decided to just flick through the catalogue until I saw a card that just popped out to me for some reason.  I got all the way to page 139 before the card in the bottom of the above image leapt off the page at me. I think it was the fun colours, and the bit of sadness that this stamp set and coordinating framelits will be retiring in just a few days time. 


I also think it caught my eye because of the unusual proportions of the top layer, and I wanted to create a card replicating that.  I think the original uses Coastal Cabana as the base for the card, but I wanted a bit more depth so used Bermuda Bay instead. Most of the card I kept the same, but wanted to change up the flower just a little from the original.  I love that the small sentiments in this set, which are designed to curve around a circle, can be stretched out to like flat on the block and stamp the sentiment in a straight line.

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the samples in either of the current catalogues to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Lauren has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

Product List

7 comments:

  1. So pretty Monique!! Wished I had of gotten more use of this set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and stunning colours. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made a lovely version of this card. I've not used this stamp/dies half enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great CASE Monique, I love the bling around the points of the die cut

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your extra depth choices Monique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card! I'll miss this set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cool card to CASE, Monique! I love your bolder colours - they look amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.