Sunday, September 15, 2019

CTC #246 - Feels Like Frost

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the gorgeous Feels Like Frost DSP, which is a stunning ethereal photo-realistic set of designer papers perfect for Christmas. 

I was inspired by this image from page 40 of the Holiday Catalogue, I liked the simplicity of the card letting the DSP shine.

I decided to keep with the overall layout of the original card, but made my own background with Balmy Blue and Highland Heather, two colours that go so beautifully together, and just perfect for butterflies!  I stamped and embossed the butterflies with White Embossing Powder before adding colour randomly with sponge daubers. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the Feels Like Frost DSP and projects in the Holiday catalogue that use this beautiful paper to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Tina has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

5 comments:

  1. So, so pretty, Monique. I love the background you've made. Very clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Monique, these colours look so good together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your butterflies are so pretty! I love how you've layered both the stamped and die cut butterflies, it looks so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your background is gorgeous, Monique. Such beautiful soft colours and perfect for the embossed butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your butterflies!! Such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.