Sunday, September 1, 2019

CTC #244 - CASE A Layout: Holiday Catalogue Cover

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilse the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the cover of the new Holiday Catalogue! I always love when the CTC has a new catalogue to be inspired by, such an exciting time and with more than a dozen projects on the cover there has to be something there for everyone.  Don't forget, you don't need to use the identical products, just use a layout, or colour scheme to inspire your own project.

I was inspired by this image on the right hand side of the top panel of images.  I like the simplicity of the layout allowing just the DSP and sentiment to shine.

Rather than just making a card, I decided to decorate a Mini Pizza Box instead. Initially I coloured the box using a mix of rubbing alcohol and Night of Navy re-inker, letting it dry well before adding the DSP and sentiment.  I love how the sentiment sits on the Label Punch, I think it just sets it off nicely. Now I just need to decide what to pop inside and who to give it to. I don't yet have the Copper Stamp Pad or I would have stamped around the edge of the box in the pretty lined image from the Christmas Gleaming stamp set.

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the samples on the front of the new Holiday Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.


Time to hop on over and see what Tina has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

5 comments:

  1. The box colour is so intense and beautiful. And I agree the tailored tag sets off the greeting to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours, the box looks fab in blue. This could work for a non-Christmas card/box as well. Great CASE, I love anything that showcases such beauitful DSP like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, Monique! Love the rich colours and how well the pizza box took the colour. I agree that little filigree image would look fabulous around the sides in copper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your box is lovely, Monique. I'm impressed with the depth of colour you achieved on it! The DSP is gorgeous and the design certainly lets it shine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea using this card design to create a pizza box. It would be a great gift with a set of notecards inside.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.