Sunday, August 25, 2019

CTC #243 - CASE A Card And Make A 3D Project

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilse the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the cards in the catalogue and turn them into a 3D item.  Now I love doing 3D projects so I was really excited about this challenge.

I chose this card from page 75 as my inspiration, I love the Beautiful Promenade stamp set and coordinating dies and knew this would make a great 3D project.

While I liked the original card, I wanted to make one with a softer feel to it, so decided to use one of the new treat bags as they are just wonderful for colouring as it is a beautiful matte and takes up colour beautifully. For this project I spritzed it with Petal Pink to give it a pretty soft look and am so happy with how it turned out. I then scored on three sides at 1", trimmed off the zigzag edged opening, and made a little treat bag that stands up.

Wanting the main panel to stand out a little I coloured the background of one of the Magnolia Lane DSP sheets with Bermuda Bay Blends. I played around with a few colours to find the right one, but as I love Bermuda Bay with copper I settled on this one, using the copper foil to cut the doily from. A little bit of soft colouring on the flower image takes some of the starkness out of it and fits well with the overall look.  

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the card samples in the annual catalogue to inspire a 3D project, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Michelle has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

4 comments:

  1. Great idea colouring the background of the DSP with Blends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you have transformed the background. totally different

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip about colouring the treat bags! I love how you have transformed this card into a bag. I love the colour palette you have chosen, dare I say it it's much prettier than the original card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great idea to convert the bag to allow it to stand up! The tag looks amazing too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.