Sunday, August 11, 2019

CTC #241 - CASE a Layout

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilse the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the projects on page 101 of the Annual Catalogue.

I was inspired by the card on the bottom left of the page, I was drawn to the background and the pocket style banner. My CASE this week is a fairly loose interpretation of the original, and I think that is one of my favourite things about CASEing, is that you can make a project very similar to the original or just have an overall similarity to the original, it is completely up to you.

As you can see while the pocket style banner inspired me, I ended up doing a traditional banner instead!  I also decided against cutting out lots of shapes for the background, instead using the knot pattern on the DSP to give the same look of alternating shapes. 

While I purchased the Sailing Home Bundle of stamp set and dies some time ago, I only just ordered the coordinating DSP and Memories & More card pack and opened them up just before making my project, so its not surprising I chose products from them to make my card.  There is actually no stamping on this card with the ship image coming from a trimmed down M&M card, and the sentiments being part of the sticker sheets from the same pack.  I love how this has come together and might just use this for my dad's upcoming 80th birthday. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the samples on page 101 to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Julia has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

5 comments:

  1. What a great card. I love how you can make a wonderful card without any stamping at all. Great us of the M&M card pack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CASE Monique, gotta love a card with no stamping, too easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever coordination of layout and style and colours. Great guy card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great CASE, Monique. This layout has been such a popular choice, but I love how you have interpreted it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever to use the DSP for the repeating background! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.