Sunday, August 18, 2019

CTC #242 - CASE Woven Threads DSP

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilse the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

 
This week we are taking our inspiration from the Woven Threads DSP and images on page 12 of the Annual Catalogue.

Here is a better look at the colours in this DSP, along with Whisper White they are Pretty Peacock, Seaside Spray, Purple Posy, Terracotta Tile, Rococo Rose and Sahara Sand.

I was inspired by this image, I liked the simplicity of the layout and they way it let the DSP shine. 


Now, I have a bit of a funny story for this challenge, which I wasn't going to join in with because I haven't yet purchased any of the new In-Colours, waiting until Purple Posy is available. But then I remembered that I had bought some of the lovely Noble Peacock DSP and Foil so decided to use that to make my card.  As you can see I accidentally chose the Blueberry Bushel rather than the Pretty Peacock!  I really liked how the card turned out though, so went ahead and made another... with the right colour!

This is the one with Pretty Peacock, I love the bigger images on this speciality DSP, they were just perfect for adding the rhinestones that I had coloured with Dark Crumb Cake Blends to help them match the Sahara Sand sentiment and trim.

Let me know which one you like best.

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the samples on page 12 and the colours in the Woven Threads DSP to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Judy has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

7 comments:

  1. Don’t make me choose, I love both. If I had to pick just one, I’d have to pick the Pretty Peacock one. The rhinestones really add to the images on the DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simple elegance of this layout, Monique and both cards are lovely. The Pretty Peacock is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards Monique, the foil looks stunning. I love the rhinestones in the centre of the pattern, I think Pretty Peacock is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are gorgeous, Monique! It's such a great layout for allowing the DSP be the star. It's hard to pick one, but I think the Pretty Peacock is just ahead for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great layout to really let that beautiful dsp shine all on its own. I like both your versions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how the DSP is the star of the show! Gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the foil!! And the sahara sand trim peeking out looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.